This Banana Bread is moist and delicious.
I’ve heard comments like “I don’t really like banana bread, but I like this.” Let’s face it, add chocolate to anything and it gets transformed. The Chocolate Chunks and Flaked Sea Salt were a hit with us.
Bake in dark chocolate chunks, chips, even mini chips. When the loaf is cool enough to slice, try spreading it with butter and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt *chefs kiss.* It’s so good!!
This is a pretty straight forward recipe. First combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, then, in a stand mixer, cream wet ingredients, add wet to the dry, blend in the chocolate chunks. Bake in a prepared loaf pan and in about 60 minutes your reward will be ready to come out of the oven.
Do you have a little time and about 5 overripe bananas on hand? The rest of ingredients are probably in the pantry.
Check out the video to see the process.
slightly adapted from Shelley Albelun.
BANANA BREAD with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup, salted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups overripe bananas, mashed
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Set oven to 350° and line 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; do not over mix.
- Roughly chop up chocolate and add to batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 60-65 min. Let bread cool in pan for 10 min, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice, top with butter and flaked sea salt. Enjoy!
Try the chewy Peanut Butter cookies!