Let’s make Blueberry muffins with the pretty (and tasty) coarse sugar topping! These muffins look exactly like the ones you’d find at Dunkin’ Donuts. But why eat store bought when you can have homemade which taste so much better.
They’re fluffy, soft and moist with lots of fresh blueberries mixed throughout. Also, you see that cutie little muffin wrapper?? Watch the video to see how easy it is to make yourself using brown parchment paper!
Recipe is Jordan Marsh’s Blueberry Muffins by Marian Burrows
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH SUGAR TOPPING
- 1 1/4 cup Blueberries (1/4 cup set aside for topping) (1/4 cup set aside for topping)
- 57 grams Salted Butter, softened
- 150 grams Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 120 grams Flour
- 2 teaspoons Coarse Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 6 pan muffin tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light in color.
- Add egg then vanilla.
- Combine Flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk.
- Crush half of the blueberries and mix into the batter. Fold in the remaining whole berries.
- Fill muffin tin with batter, top with the extra blueberries and sprinkle the coarse sugar oven the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Looking for another way to get some fruit into a recipe your kids will enjoy?? Try Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate chunks!
2 thoughts on “Blueberry Muffins with Sugar Topping”
I have made these muffins twice now for my family and they said they are the best muffins they have ever had. I substituted the flour for Gluten Free King Arthur’s Measure for Measure because my husband has celiac. You would never know they were gluten free. Will definitely be making these on repeat.
Twice made and great compliments from the family is a winning! So glad to hear the flour your family loves works in the recipe.