Buttermilk Pancakes with Chocolate Chips are a delicious answer when you’re looking for an easy homemade breakfast on a relaxed weekend.
These soft, fluffy buttermilk pancakes with chocolate chips have become a family favorite, slathered with butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Kids love to help with measuring, dumping and mixing. And they like sprinkling both regular and mini chocolate chips on the tops of the pancake just after they’re first poured onto the griddle.
This is a great beginner recipe. Learning to first combine the dry ingredients, then combine the wet ingredients before mixing them all together.
Make some weekend breakfast memories.see video
In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
In measuring cup, mix wet ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, and mix till combined.
- Heat up griddle
- Make a test pancake to get see that your griddle is the right temp.
- scoop out preferred pancake size.
- Onto the freshly poured pancake batter, sprinkle on some regular and mini chocolate chips.*
- Peek under the pancakes to check for color, and flip when they are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
*Use your imagination for your pancake meal. Everyone can have their favorite. Add strawberries with chocolate chips, or sprinkles instead, or substitute blueberries. Whipped cream is fun too. Serve with bacon, eggs, sausage and fruit and have breakfast for dinner.
slightly altered from It’sAlwaysAutumn
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try the Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites (Starbucks copycat recipe!)