These Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have been a delicious experiment. All my favorite twists have worked perfectly on the Nestle Toll House cookie recipe. They’ve become a favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie!
It looks pleasantly homemade after it’s baked. The texture is crisp on the edges, chewy in the center. Browned butter gives them a slightly nutty taste, and the sprinkling of flaked sea salt is a nice surprise to everyone. Enjoy!
BROWNED BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) 1 stick will be used for browned butter and the other stick will need to be softened to room temp.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt
- Browning butter is FAST, so don’t walk away. Place 1 stick of cut up butter in a pan over medium heat, and stir butter the entire time to keep it moving.
- Once melted, the butter will foam and sizzle. Continue stirring until the butter starts to turn amber, then its done, and you’ll notice its buttery and nutty smell.
- Set aside until it comes to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl.
- Beat both butters, both sugars and vanilla in mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto parchment paper and bake for 9-10 min. And finally top with flaked sea salt.
Looking to try another one of my favorite cookie recipes? Oatmeal Creme pies should be next on your to-do list!